Tuesday, June 25, 2013

{Crafting On:: Baby Girl Edition}






I recently had the chance to do some crafting for a friend's sweet new baby girl. Oh goodness, so.much.fun. I knew right away that I wanted to knit a little milo vest, and there was more than enough yarn left for a matching bonnet (because obviously I am a firm believer in babies wearing hats, no matter what the season), in fact I still have nearly half of the skein left! The yarn is some lovely Luna Grey "Zeta", in the Cherry Ice colorway...so lovely to knit with, I'll be looking at this yarn again for sure. {Raveled here}





This dress turned out exactly the way I had envisioned it, which is always so gratifying...and not always the way it goes!! I've had this fabric in my stash for a little while now, I think I still have enough left to edge some pillow cases or something lovely like that. I used this tutorial for it and it went really well. I was worried that they would be too small for the little miss, who is now six weeks old, but to my delight she is still beautifully tiny and should be able to wear everything for a little while! I got in some major baby snuggles at her shower on Sunday...don't you just love showers when the baby is there to hold and love? I leave you with just a few more pictures of girly frills... For more crafty goodness go check out the link up at Frontier Dreams!




5 comments:

  1. So, so lovely, Mackenzie! I am *always* impressed by your knitty skills, and the little dress is so adorable in that fabric. What a blessing for that sweet new baby -- and I'm so glad you got some good cuddles!

    Blessings,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all turned out so nice! I love that colorway in the yarn, too. And the eyelet edge on that dress with that fabric all turned out extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creations thank for the link to the tutorial I may make one of those for my youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I am so happy you shared more about this set. I just fell in love with it when you posted it on rav. <3 You are such a generous and talented friend <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments, and will try to reply to questions quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...