Monday, November 12, 2012

{Christmas Knitting ~ for the boys}

 {let me apologize in advance for the phone pictures, I can't make a big deal about photographing these!}








I've been so busy the past week moving our house around to prepare for the use of our base board heaters, and painting, and trying to get the windshield replaced so our car can pass inspection (ugh, hello tomorrow's job) and on and on and on. In the midst of those must-do things I've found a bit of time to work on this delightful little project for the boys' Christmas gift. I'm knitting them a farm mat you see...the green up there will be embellished with some grey "boulders", the brown is the "freshly plowed field", that fabulously loopy business is the wheat field, and of course, what would a farm be without a pond? Oh my goodness this thing is cute! In theory there are to be twelve blocks, but I'm determined to just work from my stash for this project, so we will see what I can manage. I'm hoping for at least nine squares. Once they are all finished, they will be knit together with dirt roads paths and gravel roads and streams. The textures are dreamy...some people have felted theirs slightly, which was my original plan...but I'm afraid I will loose too much of the texture if I do that...so that will likely be a very last minute decision. I'm also determined to not worry about where I will block it when it's finished...this tiny house does not have much space for surprises! Okay, everyone is asleep now, I must go knit another block! 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is going to be awesome!! Can't wait to see it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an excellent idea! I hope you will share a pic of the finished product :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the secretive photos, it's hard to keep gift projects a secret, I know. A farm mat sounds like something my boys would love, can't wait to see it finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks and sounds amazing, I hope you can share a picture when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Knitting a farm mat? What a brilliant idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very brave and probably need more sleep than you get, but it will be worth it! It is huge, I think you should block it at a friend's house, there is no way you can block something that big in secret :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I'm knitting one up for my kids too - can't wait to see your finished farm!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I love reading your comments, and will try to reply to questions quickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...